6.0.0-git
2019-06-18

[#13755] ActiveSync: Only headline note is synced
Summary ActiveSync: Only headline note is synced
Queue Synchronization
Queue Version Git master
Type Bug
State Resolved
Priority 1. Low
Owners mrubinsk (at) horde (dot) org
Requester inquisitor (at) goldmail (dot) de
Created 2014-12-14 (1647 days ago)
Due
Updated 2014-12-15 (1646 days ago)
Assigned 2014-12-14 (1647 days ago)
Resolved 2014-12-15 (1646 days ago)
Milestone
Patch No

History
2014-12-15 21:13:10 inquisitor (at) goldmail (dot) de Comment #11 Reply to this comment
I was just creating a new log file after deleting my account and 
re-adding it, so all notes become pushed the first time from horde.

I am looking forward when the new version become available!
Thank you very much for the quick investigating and fixing, Michael!!!!
:-)
2014-12-15 21:00:52 Michael Rubinsky Comment #10
Assigned to Michael Rubinsky
State ⇒ Resolved
Reply to this comment
Mnemo 4.2.4
2014-12-15 20:57:28 Git Commit Comment #9 Reply to this comment
Changes have been made in Git (FRAMEWORK_5_2):

commit 158780ed24317f2d6136771a685ff3c8f94fd3ba
Author: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk@horde.org>
Date:   Mon Dec 15 15:53:30 2014 -0500

     Bug: 13755  Fix body data truncation when no truncationsize is sent.

  mnemo/lib/Driver.php |    9 ++++-----
  1 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

http://github.com/horde/horde/commit/158780ed24317f2d6136771a685ff3c8f94fd3ba
2014-12-15 20:55:23 Git Commit Comment #8 Reply to this comment
Changes have been made in Git (master):

commit 636df09254a44babfd7e87f5a2649995827b11f5
Author: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk@horde.org>
Date:   Mon Dec 15 15:53:30 2014 -0500

     Bug: 13755  Fix body data truncation when no truncationsize is sent.

  mnemo/lib/Driver.php |    9 ++++-----
  1 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

http://github.com/horde/horde/commit/636df09254a44babfd7e87f5a2649995827b11f5
2014-12-15 20:54:16 Michael Rubinsky Comment #7 Reply to this comment
Nevermind. I see the issue.
2014-12-15 19:37:39 Michael Rubinsky Comment #6 Reply to this comment
This log shows a note that was changed on the client, and it is only 
sending one line.

The only way this could be Horde's fault is if the note was changed in 
the Horde/Mnemo interface and the server sent it truncated.
2014-12-15 04:59:48 inquisitor (at) goldmail (dot) de Comment #5
New Attachment: 2.txt Download
Reply to this comment
OK, got it.

Here is how I generated the attached log:
- starting app
- opening note which has a lot of lines on the server, but only 
showing headline
- added one line "test" to the note
- clicking save in the app
==> on the server the note with only "test" arrives.


2014-12-14 21:34:46 Michael Rubinsky Version ⇒ Git master
Queue ⇒ Synchronization
 
2014-12-14 21:34:28 Michael Rubinsky Comment #4
State ⇒ Feedback
Priority ⇒ 1. Low
Reply to this comment
I enabled per device log. When starting the Notes app, I can see the 
request sent to the server with  <conflict > 1</conflict> in the log.
This is just the flag that tells the server who should win any 
potential conflicts - it doesn't mean that there IS one.

Your log only shows SYNC requests when there is nothing to be 
synchronized. Please upload a log that actually shows a truncated note 
being synchronized.
2014-12-14 20:52:31 inquisitor (at) goldmail (dot) de Comment #3
New Attachment: 1.txt Download
Reply to this comment
I enabled per device log. When starting the Notes app, I can see the 
request sent to the server with  <conflict > 1</conflict> in the log. 
But I cannot see any useful information.
Attached the log.
2014-12-14 19:25:35 arjen+horde (at) de-korte (dot) org Comment #2 Reply to this comment
I use the same Horde components as you mentioned and with those Notes 
and Tasks synchronize just fine with the 'Nine' client.

Enable per device logging for ActiveSync and see what is sent to the 
device, to see if the truncation of notes happens at the Horde side or 
at the client side.
2014-12-14 10:30:41 inquisitor (at) goldmail (dot) de Comment #1
Type ⇒ Bug
Summary ⇒ ActiveSync: Only headline note is synced
Priority ⇒ 2. Medium
State ⇒ Unconfirmed
Queue ⇒ Mnemo
Milestone ⇒
Patch ⇒ No
Reply to this comment
Hi,
I am experiencing the following issue: On the server there are saved a 
few notes. Nothing special, only text notes. When editing them on the 
server everything works fine. When opening the same note on a 
smartphone app, only the first line is displayed nothing else. When I 
hit save on the app, my note on the server is overwritten with only 
the headline which was shown on the app.

Reproduce start on server
- New note on server
- fill some text lines in
- no tag
- save on server
- open in app
- only first line displayed
- edit a line and save in app
- open note on server again
- only first line was synced (others deleted)

Reproduce start on app
- create new note in app
- fill text lines
- save / sync to server
- open note on server: everything displayed fine
- edit a line on server and save
- open note in app again
- only first line displayed

It turned out that this could be related to the HTML note support 
(https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/6319).
Tested smartphone apps: Android "Tasks and Notes for exchange" and 
"Nine". Even the app setting: "only text/no html" does not help.

Environment:
Horde Webmail Edition 5.2.4
Mmneo:  4.2.3
ActiveSync: 2.20.5

CyanogenMod 11 / Android 4.4.4
Nexus 4

Regards
Boris.

Saved Queries