6.0.0-git
2019-03-24

[#5945] multipart/alternative MIME handling
Summary multipart/alternative MIME handling
Queue IMP
Queue Version HEAD
Type Bug
State Resolved
Priority 1. Low
Owners slusarz (at) horde (dot) org
Requester morgan (at) orst (dot) edu
Created 2007-11-30 (4132 days ago)
Due
Updated 2008-12-17 (3749 days ago)
Assigned 2008-11-09 (3787 days ago)
Resolved 2008-12-17 (3749 days ago)
Milestone
Patch No

History
2008-12-17 06:39:58 Michael Slusarz Comment #11
Assigned to Michael Slusarz
State ⇒ Resolved
Reply to this comment
This message views fine in IMP 5.
2008-11-09 16:25:37 Chuck Hagenbuch State ⇒ Assigned
Version ⇒ HEAD
 
2008-10-19 21:26:18 Michael Slusarz Comment #10
State ⇒ Stalled
Reply to this comment
The MIME library is being rehauled for 4.0.  Issues relating to MIME 
will be taken up after that code stabilizes.
2008-10-14 02:35:48 Chuck Hagenbuch State ⇒ Feedback
 
2008-10-13 23:12:15 morgan (at) orst (dot) edu Comment #9 Reply to this comment

[Show Quoted Text - 10 lines]
Whoops.  In order to make it display, I also need to fix the "id" 
parameter by changing it from "2.2" (there is no mime part 2.2) to 
"1.2.2" (the correct mime part id).



So there are 2 problems with the URL, although I suspect they are related.
2008-10-13 23:09:28 morgan (at) orst (dot) edu Comment #8 Reply to this comment
All links work perfectly for me. It has to be your c-client choking
on the mime structure of that message.
The only issue I noticed was that if you enable html inline messages
in imp's configuration, the html body part is not correctly
displayed. But you can still retrieve it through one of the
attachment links, and it works correctly with imp 4.2.
I still cannot make this work in the latest imp 4.3 release.  The 
message displays correctly, but the links to view or download the PDF 
attachment (which are displayed inline) are incorrect.  Click on the 
view link opens a pop-up window which has the following URL:



https://webmail4-test.onid.oregonstate.edu/imp/view.php?popup_view=1&actionID=view_attach&id=2.2&mimecache=197054aa93e86cd7a3217dd2fd35c8a6



and displays a blank page.  If I add the parameters 
"&mailbox=INBOX&index=77054" to the URL, it works correctly, 
displaying the PDF file.



Also, the "Download All Attachments (in .zip file)" link at the top of 
the message works correctly.  I cannot figure out why the code is not 
including the mailbox name and message uid in the generated URL though.
2007-12-03 17:37:29 Jan Schneider Comment #7
State ⇒ Not A Bug
Reply to this comment
All links work perfectly for me. It has to be your c-client choking on 
the mime structure of that message.

The only issue I noticed was that if you enable html inline messages 
in imp's configuration, the html body part is not correctly displayed. 
But you can still retrieve it through one of the attachment links, and 
it works correctly with imp 4.2.
2007-12-01 17:42:56 morgan (at) orst (dot) edu Comment #6 Reply to this comment
Okay, this time I exported the message from IMP itself into a MBOX file.



You can grab it at:



   http://oregonstate.edu/~morgan/test.mbox
2007-12-01 10:42:12 Jan Schneider Comment #5 Reply to this comment
I couldn't open this message with IMP, Thunderbird, or Mail.app. Seems 
like it's broken.
2007-12-01 10:30:18 Jan Schneider Deleted Original Message
 
2007-12-01 00:15:01 morgan (at) orst (dot) edu Comment #4 Reply to this comment
Failed again, I guess.



I put it online at http://oregonstate.edu/~morgan/77054.msg
2007-12-01 00:10:53 morgan (at) orst (dot) edu Comment #3
New Attachment: 77054.
Reply to this comment
Trying again...  The attachment should be around 1.2MB.
2007-11-30 22:59:48 Jan Schneider Deleted Original Message
 
2007-11-30 22:59:42 Jan Schneider Comment #2
State ⇒ Feedback
Reply to this comment
The attched message was empty.
2007-11-30 21:29:24 morgan (at) orst (dot) edu Comment #1
Type ⇒ Bug
State ⇒ Unconfirmed
Priority ⇒ 1. Low
Summary ⇒ multipart/alternative MIME handling
Queue ⇒ IMP
New Attachment: 77054.
Reply to this comment
I think I've found a bug in IMP v4.1.5 MIME handling.  I have a message

with the following (odd!) MIME structure (as reported by Pine):



Parts/Attachments:

     1.1   Shown      5 lines  Text

     1.2.1 Shown    ~17 lines  Text

     1.2.2   OK     939 KB     Application

     1.2.3 Shown      0 lines  Text

     2              2.5 KB     Application

----------------------------------------



In IMP, it shows up as:



Headers:         Show All Headers

Multipart/alternative

Alternative parts for this section:  Help

         unnamed         [text/plain]    0.24 KB         Download

         unnamed         [text/html]     1.14 KB         Download

         J Biol Chem 1983 Venter-1.pdf   [application/pdf]       917 KB

Download

HTML    Click HERE to view HTML content in a separate window.





Clicking on any of the links shows a completely blank HTML window, and

there is no text at all show inline.


Saved Queries