6.0.0-git
2019-04-24

[#1777] Character encoding bug in cache behaviour
Summary Character encoding bug in cache behaviour
Queue Horde Base
Queue Version 3.0.4
Type Bug
State Not A Bug
Priority 3. High
Owners slusarz (at) horde (dot) org
Requester michael (at) rollis (dot) chh
Created 2005-04-12 (5125 days ago)
Due
Updated 2005-04-14 (5123 days ago)
Assigned
Resolved 2005-04-14 (5123 days ago)
Milestone
Patch No

History
2005-04-14 00:22:39 Jan Schneider Comment #2
State ⇒ Not A Bug
Reply to this comment
Duplicate of bug 1410. If you have anything new to add, please enter a 
comment there.
2005-04-12 21:26:43 Chuck Hagenbuch Assigned to Michael Slusarz
 
2005-04-12 20:54:29 michael (at) rollis (dot) chh Comment #1
Type ⇒ Bug
State ⇒ Unconfirmed
Priority ⇒ 3. High
Summary ⇒ Character encoding bug in cache behaviour
Queue ⇒ Horde Base
Reply to this comment
Since Horde-3.0 and IMP-4-H3 I found a strang thing when viewing emails.

After login when I open an Email with german umlauts from my inbox, 
imp shows the mail correct.

Returning to the inbox and reopening the same mail again the umlauts 
are suddenly corrupt. A ü becomes messed up to ü

BTW the email has correct mail header entries as follow:



Content-type: text/plain;

        charset="ISO-8859-1"

Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable



I grepped through the session files (and session data in DB if turned 
on) for a mail part and found, that the Mail is saved as ISO-8859-1 
with decoded quoted printable and correct umlauts in the session.

So it looks like horde does something wrong on deserializing the 
session object. Maybe it's getting the content as utf-8 instead of 
ISO-8859-1.



Regards

Michael

Saved Queries