6.0.0-git
2019-03-21

[#1230] header.txt - Unable to substitute HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR
Summary header.txt - Unable to substitute HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR
Queue IMP
Queue Version 4.0.1
Type Bug
State Not A Bug
Priority 1. Low
Owners
Requester imp (at) mavetju (dot) org
Created 2005-01-24 (5169 days ago)
Due
Updated 2005-01-24 (5169 days ago)
Assigned 2005-01-24 (5169 days ago)
Resolved 2005-01-24 (5169 days ago)
Milestone
Patch No

History
2005-01-24 11:23:26 Jan Schneider State ⇒ Not A Bug
 
2005-01-24 11:14:15 imp (at) mavetju (dot) org Comment #4 Reply to this comment
Final verdict:



Because the proxy doesn't do anything with the data, except for 
forwarding it (SSL connection, it can't modify the data), it is up to 
the client to send the IP address.



And the clients don't send it. Lousy clients :-)




2005-01-24 11:08:55 imp (at) mavetju (dot) org Comment #3 Reply to this comment
This seems to be a squid-proxy HTTPS vs HTTP issue, not a Horde issue.



Compare the output (if you're using Squid with forwarded_for set to on):

    http://www.copyright.org.au/~edwin/c.php

vs

    https://www.copyright.org.au/~edwin/c.php



Please close this one, I'll ask the Squid people.



Thanks for letting me know how the text filter works, Edwin
2005-01-24 10:14:18 Jan Schneider Comment #2
Summary ⇒ header.txt - Unable to substitute HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR
State ⇒ Feedback
Reply to this comment
If it doesn't get substituted, the values can't be retrieved through 
PHP's getenv() function. The replacement happens in 
lib/Horde/Text/Filter/environment.php.
2005-01-24 01:34:33 imp (at) mavetju (dot) org Comment #1
Type ⇒ Bug
State ⇒ Unconfirmed
Priority ⇒ 1. Low
Summary ⇒ header.txt - Unable to substiture HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR
Queue ⇒ IMP
Reply to this comment
In the ever lasting quest of helping users, I have added the following 
four headers to imp/config/header.txt:



X-Originating-IP: %REMOTE_ADDR%

X-Originating-Hostname: %REMOTE_HOST%

X-Proxied-for-IP: %HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR%

X-Proxied-via: %HTTP_VIA%



The first two are replaced properly, the second two aren't:

X-Originating-IP: 202.83.176.9

X-Originating-Hostname: proxy.barnet.com.au

X-Proxied-for-IP:

X-Proxied-via:



The four variables are listed in the PHP phpinfo() output under Apache 
Environment.



I tried to figure out how the replacement of variables works, but I 
wasn't able to make sense of it. That's more a problem from my side 
than from your side :-)


Saved Queries