6.0.0-git
2019-03-19

[#1033] Problem with attachment-name (POP3)
Summary Problem with attachment-name (POP3)
Queue IMP
Queue Version 4.0
Type Bug
State Not A Bug
Priority 1. Low
Owners Horde Developers (at) , slusarz (at) horde (dot) org
Requester Christian.Bauer (at) nefkom (dot) de
Created 2004-12-30 (5192 days ago)
Due
Updated 2005-05-19 (5052 days ago)
Assigned 2005-05-07 (5064 days ago)
Resolved 2005-05-16 (5055 days ago)
Milestone
Patch No

History
2005-05-19 21:00:09 vanner (at) pop-pa (dot) rnp (dot) br Comment #14 Reply to this comment
This bug is still happing here. Could you please continue its resolution?
2005-05-16 04:34:01 Michael Slusarz Comment #13
State ⇒ Not A Bug
Reply to this comment
No feedback.
2005-05-07 04:21:13 Chuck Hagenbuch Comment #12
State ⇒ Feedback
Reply to this comment
Is this still happening?
2005-01-26 05:51:06 Michael Slusarz Comment #11
Summary ⇒ Problem with attachment-name (POP3)
Reply to this comment
Updated summary
2005-01-15 01:14:15 Jan Schneider State ⇒ Assigned
Assigned to Horde DevelopersHorde Developers
 
2005-01-12 16:20:49 christian (dot) bauer (at) nefkom (dot) de Comment #10 Reply to this comment
and here the phpinfo:



http://webmail.nefonline.de/test.php
2005-01-12 16:14:03 christian (dot) bauer (at) nefkom (dot) de Comment #9 Reply to this comment
no, PHP  Version: 4.3.8 on apache2 minimum SuSE9.2 installation

look at this: http://webmail.nefonline.de/horde/test.php


2005-01-12 15:18:40 Chuck Hagenbuch Comment #8 Reply to this comment
Are you by chance using PHP5?
2005-01-12 14:17:41 christian (dot) bauer (at) nefkom (dot) de Comment #7 Reply to this comment
Hello,



did you test this failure with a pop3 server?

I tried it today again with another pop3-server. so the problem 
doesn't depends on the mailserver.



on IMAP-systems the problem does NOT exist.



but we can't use IMP on our pop3 server in production with this bug.

I'm NOT using any cache-software on this server running IMP.



please try IMP on a pop3 server.



regards,

Chris
2005-01-03 14:31:11 Christian (dot) Bauer (at) nefkom (dot) de Comment #6 Reply to this comment
The Problem exists in the actual CVS version too.

I tried it today (2005-01-03).



It doesn't depend on the sender. It seems that imp caches the 
attachment-status by message number of the POP3-server per 
login-session?




2005-01-03 10:00:39 Christian (dot) Bauer (at) nefkom (dot) de Comment #5 Reply to this comment
Oh sorry,



I forgot to tell you that I used IMP with POP3 to the Mailserver.

Not IMAP.



I'm able to reproduce the behaviour and I don't use any caching

mechanisms.
2004-12-31 21:57:28 Michael Slusarz Comment #4
State ⇒ Feedback
Reply to this comment
I can't reproduce this.  We don't cache by message-id either - i 
believe we cache by IMAP mailbox/IMAP index.  Someone else will have 
to be able to reproduce this before I work on this anymore.  Make sure 
you are not using any PHP caching software (i.e. turck-mmcache or APC) 
in the meantime - that's the only thing I could think would be causing 
this.
2004-12-30 10:46:34 Christian (dot) Bauer (at) nefkom (dot) de Comment #3 Reply to this comment
The Message-ID is different in these 2 mails.

(at least in the sent-folder of Netscape)
2004-12-30 10:36:55 Jan Schneider Comment #2
Assigned to Michael Slusarz
State ⇒ Assigned
Reply to this comment
Michael, do we cache attachments based on the message id?
2004-12-30 10:27:11 Christian (dot) Bauer (at) nefkom (dot) de Comment #1
Type ⇒ Bug
State ⇒ Unconfirmed
Priority ⇒ 1. Low
Summary ⇒ Problem with attachment-name
Queue ⇒ IMP
Reply to this comment
I did the following:



1. created and sent a text only-mail in Netscape 7.2

2. read it with IMP

3. reedited the mail (CTRL-e in sent-folder of NS)

4. attached attachment_ONE and sent it.

5. read and deleted the mail in IMP

6. reedited the FIRST mail (text only) and appended attachment_TWO



NOW if i read the mail with attachment_TWO imp is displaying

the name of attachment_ONE. The attached file is attachment_TWO.

only with the wrong text.



If I then do a logout from IMP and relogin, all errors disappeared and

attachment_TWO is displayed with the name of attachment_TWO.


Saved Queries