6.0.0-git
2019-03-24

[#8637] Can't sync tasks with Thunderbird/Lightning
Summary Can't sync tasks with Thunderbird/Lightning
Queue Nag
Queue Version 2.3.3
Type Bug
State Resolved
Priority 1. Low
Owners jan (at) horde (dot) org
Requester rodolfodias (at) hushmail (dot) com
Created 2009-10-13 (3449 days ago)
Due
Updated 2010-01-13 (3357 days ago)
Assigned 2009-10-13 (3449 days ago)
Resolved 2009-10-14 (3448 days ago)
Milestone 2.3.4
Patch No

History
2009-10-14 21:24:09 Jan Schneider Assigned to Jan Schneider
State ⇒ Resolved
Milestone ⇒ 2.3.4
 
2009-10-14 18:06:54 rodolfodias (at) hushmail (dot) com Comment #13 Reply to this comment
That works perfectly!

Many thanks Jan!
2009-10-14 17:06:28 Jan Schneider Comment #11 Reply to this comment
Please try what I committed.
2009-10-14 16:14:32 rodolfodias (at) hushmail (dot) com Comment #9 Reply to this comment
No, I really meant the web interface, i.e. the regular tasks frontend
that you use with your browser.
Ok. Then it is:Encoding: ISO-8859-1.
2009-10-14 15:26:12 Jan Schneider Comment #8 Reply to this comment
No, I really meant the web interface, i.e. the regular tasks frontend 
that you use with your browser.
2009-10-14 14:59:18 rodolfodias (at) hushmail (dot) com Comment #7
New Attachment: headers.log Download
Reply to this comment
How can I check for that?
Depends on your browser. There should be some "page properties" or
"page encoding" or similar menu entry somewhere.
As this is a file and not a webpage I had to use

Firefox with the extension "Live HTTP Headers".

Anyways it's UTF-8.

Full log of the session is attached.
2009-10-14 14:30:55 Jan Schneider Comment #6 Reply to this comment
How can I check for that?
Depends on your browser. There should be some "page properties" or 
"page encoding" or similar menu entry somewhere.
2009-10-14 14:21:02 rodolfodias (at) hushmail (dot) com Comment #5 Reply to this comment
That file should indeed be UTF-8 encoded. I can't reproduce this,
tasks are exported as UTF-8 just fine here.
If you export the file, what's the encoding charset of the web interface?
How can I check for that?



P.S.Be aware that under Kronolith the file is encoded as UTF-8.

It just under Nag that this is happening.
2009-10-14 12:48:55 Jan Schneider Comment #4 Reply to this comment
That file should indeed be UTF-8 encoded. I can't reproduce this, 
tasks are exported as UTF-8 just fine here.

If you export the file, what's the encoding charset of the web interface?
2009-10-14 10:27:23 rodolfodias (at) hushmail (dot) com Comment #3
New Attachment: rdias.ics Download
Reply to this comment
I get a different error:

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff 
(NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) 
[nsIScriptableUnicodeConverter.convertFromByteArray]"  nsresult: 
"0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)"  location: "JS frame :: 
file:///usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/components/calItemModule.js -> file:///usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/js/calIcsParser.js :: ip_parseFromStream :: line 185"  data: 
no]

Source File: 
file:///usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/components/calItemModule.js -> 
file:///usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/js/calIcsParser.js

Line: 185



I even did a new task list with just one task with accented letters 
and I can reproduce this with the attached file.

Looking at it with an editor I suspect it's encoded with ISO-8859-1 so 
that could be the problem.


2009-10-13 22:30:26 Jan Schneider Comment #2
State ⇒ Feedback
Priority ⇒ 1. Low
Reply to this comment
If you export your tasks to an iCalendar file and import that manually 
to Lightning, does it work?
2009-10-13 16:52:44 rodolfodias (at) hushmail (dot) com Comment #1
Type ⇒ Bug
State ⇒ Unconfirmed
Priority ⇒ 3. High
Summary ⇒ Can't sync tasks with Thunderbird/Lightning
Queue ⇒ Nag
Milestone ⇒
Patch ⇒ No
Reply to this comment
Thunderbird/Lightning tries sync with my server and I get this error 
(from the Error Console in Thunderbird):



Warning: There has been an error reading data for calendar: rdias 
tasks. Error code: CAL_UTF8_DECODING_FAILED. Description: An error 
occured while decoding an iCalendar (ics) file as UTF-8. Check that 
the file, including symbols and accented letters, is encoded using the 
UTF-8 character encoding.

Warning: There has been an error reading data for calendar: rdias 
tasks. Error code: READ_FAILED. Description:



I'm using the following URL:

https://myserver.local/horde/rpc.php/nag/rdias/rdias.ics

Using the same server and client, my calendar syncs fine even using 
accented letters.


Saved Queries