6.0.0-git
2018-12-15

[#14798] Manually created address books have broken ActiveSync settings
Summary Manually created address books have broken ActiveSync settings
Queue Turba
Queue Version FRAMEWORK_5_2
Type Bug
State Unconfirmed
Priority 2. Medium
Owners
Requester s.arcus (at) open-t (dot) co (dot) uk
Created 2018-03-29 (261 days ago)
Due
Updated 2018-03-31 (259 days ago)
Assigned
Resolved
Milestone
Patch No

History
2018-03-31 19:14:46 Michael Rubinsky Version ⇒ FRAMEWORK_5_2
Priority ⇒ 2. Medium
 
2018-03-29 17:50:19 s (dot) arcus (at) open-t (dot) co (dot) uk Comment #1
Type ⇒ Bug
State ⇒ Unconfirmed
Priority ⇒ 3. High
Summary ⇒ Manually created address books have broken ActiveSync settings
Queue ⇒ Turba
Milestone ⇒
Patch ⇒ No
Reply to this comment
It seems that manually created address books, when automatic share 
creation is disabled, do not work correctly with ActiveSync - even if 
the address book is the only one and set as default in the interface:

1. New contacts created on the server are synced to the device.
2. New contacts on the device are not synced to the server.
3. Amendments to server contacts previously synced on the device, done 
on the device, are synced back to the server.

The ActiveSync support for multiple address books is disabled.It seems 
that there are two fundamental differences between shares created 
automatically and those created manually. Looking at the 
turba_sharesng table, in the attribute_params column:

1. If the auto share creation is disabled, the created shares look 
something like this:

a:2:{s:6:"source";s:8:"localsql";s:4:"name";s:23:"MOT1v6aHfUmi8k66VG99TU_";}

If I set the share as default for the account, it actually adds a 
's:7:"default";b:0' to the above- for some bizarre reason - so it 
actually disables the default value, it seems. It also gets that 
cryptic name, regardless of what I name it in the interface.

2. With the auto share creation enabled, the record looks something like this:

a:3:{s:6:"source";s:8:"localsql";s:7:"default";b:1;s:4:"name";s:25:"jsmith@mycompany.co.uk";}

So the share is set as the default, and it also gets a meaningful name.

It seems to me that something is broken when auto share creation is 
disabled, and address book shares get created with the wrong attributes.

Incidentally, changing "b:0" to "b:1" manually doesn't fix ActiveSync. 
But deleting the manually created address book, enabling auto share 
creation, and allowing it to be automatically recreated does fix things.

I have tested ActiveSync on iPhone 5 and 6, and with TBSync 
Thunderbird extension

Saved Queries