[#7390] Folder names are not translated when using access keys
Summary Folder names are not translated when using access keys
Queue DIMP
Queue Version 1.1-RC2
Type Enhancement
State Rejected
Priority 1. Low
Requester benjamin.kostner@tirol.gv.at
Created 2008-09-25 (4305 days ago)
Updated 2008-09-25 (4305 days ago)
Resolved 2008-09-25 (4305 days ago)
Patch No

benjamin.kostner@tirol.gv.at 2008-09-25 08:59:21
The following Code (index.inc)

<?php echo _simpleButton('composelink', _("_Compose"), 'compose.png') ?>

produces a link with an image, and the text "Compose", the C being 
underlined. This is also true for the German version DIMP, where the 
Text should be "Neue Nachricht".

A possible fix I found is to use _("Compose"), which loses the access key.

The same is true for the the "Get Mail"-Button.

As I do not have a thorough knowledge of the Horde Framework I do not 
know which way would be the best to patch this issue.

Note: I used the CVS Head Version as of 22.09.2008

Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org> 2008-09-25 09:34:42
I have no idea what you are trying to say. What does this have to do 
with folder names, why is this an enhancement request and where in RC2 
do you see access keys?

benjamin.kostner@tirol.gv.at 2008-09-25 09:50:54
I have to excuse myself, the title was chosen completely wrong.

It should be "Action Buttons are not translated into German when using 
e.g. _("_Compose") (for access key usage) instead of _("Compose") in 

My problem is as follows:

I am using the German translation of DIMP, CVS Version of 22.09.2008.

In Dimp's left navigation bar there are Buttons for composing a mail 
("Compose") and for checking for new Mail ("Get Mail").

These Buttons are not translated because they are built with 
_("_Compose") rather than _("Compose"), as far as I can see from the 
following function call found in horde/dimp/templates/index/index.inc:

<?php echo _simpleButton('composelink', _("_Compose"), 'compose.png') ?>

The rendered HTML code is as follows:

<a><span class="accessKey">C</span>ompose</a>

which is correct for the English version.

I simply wanted to suggest that either a translation mapping 
"_Compose" is missing or that the "_" has to be stripped before 
applying the _()-function.

I hope that this explanation has clarified the issue I am facing.

Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org> 2008-09-25 10:05:56
You are complaining that the German translation is incomplete while 
you are running a cutting edge CVS development version? You got to be 

benjamin.kostner@tirol.gv.at 2008-09-25 10:28:05
Sorry for sounding as if complaining. This was absolutely not my intention.

I am fully aware that this may be an issue of an incomplete 
translation which is not unexpected when using the CVS HEAD version. I 
simply wanted to know if it _is_ merely a translation issue (in which 
case I will simply wait for an update) or if it is another issue.

Honestly, I lack the in depth comprehension for Horde/DIMP and I was 
trying to fix the issue for our environment (I am currently updating 
to the latest version to see the changes since 22.09).

If there is a possibility for us to update the translation and submit 
the patched .po-file we will gladly help.

Hoping not to have abused your patience too much,