[#14454] (Active Sync) No Errors in Log, but connections fail permanently
Summary (Active Sync) No Errors in Log, but connections fail permanently
Queue Synchronization
Queue Version Git master
Type Bug
State Not Reproducible
Priority 1. Low
Owners
Requester nstrix.paal@gmail.com
Created 2016-08-25 (1420 days ago)
Due
Updated 2016-09-12 (1402 days ago)
Assigned 2016-08-25 (1420 days ago)
Resolved 2016-09-12 (1402 days ago)
Milestone
Patch No

Comments
nstrix.paal@gmail.com 2016-08-25 08:05:53
Hi,

we've configured our active sync and got it to work.
No we have the problem that the Android Devices connect to the server 
but then close the connection and try to reconnect permanently.

Logs are included.

Thanks for help!!

Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk@horde.org> 2016-08-25 15:42:27
Typically this is caused by some data in the email that the client 
doesn't like, like some non-utf-8 data.

The log looks fine after a brief overview. I would suggest moving the 
email, one message at a time to see if you can find the troublesome 
message. Start with the messages that are listed last in the log 
(there are a group of 4 of them that appear in the last sync response).

If you find the email, and are able to share it with me I can try to 
figure out what the actual trigger was. Otherwise, not much I can do, 
since this is the client deciding to re-negotiate it's sync state with 
the server.

nstrix.paal@gmail.com 2016-08-30 07:36:25
Hi,

as Mr. Wolf said, we've installed a clean Horde with PEAR (without 
this damn plesk).
Syncing for one postbox works perfect!
But two other won't "hold" the connection.

First sync on these two postboxes work, but if you do anything it 
seems to disconnect.

We now use the Horde Groupware 5.2.15 with the latest Active Sync ..

Logs included.
Thanks for your help!!

> Typically this is caused by some data in the email that the client 
> doesn't like, like some non-utf-8 data.
>
> The log looks fine after a brief overview. I would suggest moving 
> the email, one message at a time to see if you can find the 
> troublesome message. Start with the messages that are listed last in 
> the log (there are a group of 4 of them that appear in the last sync 
> response).
>
> If you find the email, and are able to share it with me I can try to 
> figure out what the actual trigger was. Otherwise, not much I can 
> do, since this is the client deciding to re-negotiate it's sync 
> state with the server.


nstrix.paal@gmail.com 2016-08-30 07:38:48
Sorry, had to upload the Logfile here: 
http://www.file-upload.net/download-11895048/ANDROIDC1917531523.txt.html

Thanks!


> Hi,
>
> as Mr. Wolf said, we've installed a clean Horde with PEAR (without 
> this damn plesk).
> Syncing for one postbox works perfect!
> But two other won't "hold" the connection.
>
> First sync on these two postboxes work, but if you do anything it 
> seems to disconnect.
>
> We now use the Horde Groupware 5.2.15 with the latest Active Sync ..
>
> Logs included.
> Thanks for your help!!
>
>> Typically this is caused by some data in the email that the client
>> doesn't like, like some non-utf-8 data.
>>
>> The log looks fine after a brief overview. I would suggest moving the
>> email, one message at a time to see if you can find the troublesome
>> message. Start with the messages that are listed last in the log
>> (there are a group of 4 of them that appear in the last sync
>> response).
>>
>> If you find the email, and are able to share it with me I can try to
>> figure out what the actual trigger was. Otherwise, not much I can do,
>> since this is the client deciding to re-negotiate it's sync state
>> with the server.
>


Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk@horde.org> 2016-09-01 19:41:22
My original comment still stands.

The log shows the client asking for a foldersync after it downloads 
some email and attachment data. The foldersync responds normally, then 
the client asks to reset the hierarchy - which is probably what is 
causing you the issues. It's a client issue, probably triggered by 
some data being sent in a broken email.